iPad mini Retina display in the next Mini won't matter!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ghsNick, Nov 3, 2012.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I know that the Retina display will make text crisper...but does it really matter if its crisper when the text is SO small. I zoom in as much as possible so I can look from the start of the left to the end of the right (just the text) and no more. I don't feel like super zooming so I have to scroll it left and right to read a sentence. Anyways, the text is really small...and I have 20/20 vision with no eye problems.

The only way it looks good is in lamdscape (IMO). This is all while viewing the web too. TweetBot and other apps look good...but the web looks small.

Also, does anyone else's home buttons wiggle? My volume buttons are solid as a rock...my home button wiggles though.

2. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

I look forward to updating to retina for mini when that happens PRECISELY because the text is so small. Not just websites but also reading pdf's...one great thing about the retina is that even the small text is so crisp and legible that I no longer find myself having to zoom in all the time.

For now I'll just make due with what we have (well when my LTE arrives anyways) :)

3. dancj macrumors 6502

I was just using my wife's Nexus 7 - with a higher pixel density - and I was wishing the resolution was higher, so for me I'd definitely want retina. (That said I don't think I'd ever go for a mini)

4. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I bought a Mini and returned it, and ordered a 3rd gen iPad.
    If the next gen Mini has retina.. I'll definitely buy it, even if it's $399.

----------

We have a Nexus 7 in the house, and while it's not retina, it's pretty close. I have no issues with it. I've used it to read a few books and it didn't bother my eyes. I can't say the same for the Mini.

5. TheRdungeon macrumors 6502

wtf? Text being small IS the reason retina displays are useful, gives them more definition

6. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I agree I wouldve preferred retina but that didnt stop me from getting this device. However, I wont hold out forever if their is no retina in the next version of this wonderful tablet.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

It matters massively. My iPhone 5 screen is half that of the mini but easier to read b.c of retina.

8. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

Oh... another... thread... about... the screen.