Retina Display, is this normal ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by potatosalad, Apr 27, 2015.

1. potatosalad macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I just recently received my new 2015 13" rMBP.:)

Maybe I'm a little bit confused. When I zoom in from "Accessibility" using ^Control. It is not so sharp as I thought, including the dock icons. Same with text.

Do I need to update my laptop's software? Or is that how it is meant to be? Or do apple means Command + to zoom in text and where it is actually sharp ? :confused::(

Sorry if this is a silly post. I'm still new to this.

http://imgur.com/a/sN0pJ#79WFSI1

Cheers,

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

You're doing a software zoom, I'd venture to say font smoothing doesn't adjust itself to the new size when you do so, hence the crappy quality.

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

Yes, that's normal. It functions the same way as when you take a photo of a certain size and zoom beyond 100 %.

4. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Yes, it's normal. If you uncheck "Smooth images" it'll be a little sharper but still pixelated.

5. potatosalad thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn... That's a bit surprising... Expected a write display. Don't get me wrong. I like the display compare to my old one.. 2009 model. Oh well... Would like it too be clear. Slightly disappointed. Cost me an arm and a leg. But a Nice upgrade maybe. Better not complain and appreciate it

6. JTToft macrumors 68040

- My advice would be to not use that zoom feature and instead zoom in the apps themselves.
    Alternatively, try running the display at a different resolution if things are too small for you - perhaps look into SwitchResX for more resolution options.

7. vanimal macrumors 6502a

Or can't use use a safari plugin called zoom plus font or something. You can just adjust the font sizing %.