Retina Display pixels are distinguishable... I found a dead one!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hephaestus, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Hephaestus macrumors 6502

I bought my iPhone 4 last October and I just noticed a dead pixel, I'm 99% certain it just popped up and wasn't there before. Just thought I'd let you guys know that the pixels are distinguishable but just barely so. Its so tiny thats its almost impossible to see, if it was any smaller it actually would be impossible to see. If I hold the phone like 25cm from my face it becomes invisible.

I'm actually surprised I managed to see it since its so small, I just have incredibly sharp eyes. I tried to take a picture of it but my 12MP camera simply cannot capture it, its that small. I also tried showing several people and only one other can actually see it. I think if I went to the Apple store asking for a replacement, the assistant would probably be unable to see it.

Anyway, I won't be asking for a replacement since its such a non issue but I thought I'd post it here since I have seen absolutely no mention of dead pixels in the Retina Display.

2. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

As stated in the Apple Keynote when the iP4 was launched, the display has no pixels if you use it at a normal viewing distance. Of course you can see the pixels if you hold it up 25cm from your face, since it still has pixels!

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Just tightened that up, but you're right, if anyone looks close enough they'll see them, not just eagle eyes like the OP.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

They're out there, but not many. But still, glad you posted.

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

Yep, my first launch iPhone 4 had a stuck pixel (it was red), and I could see it pretty easily, actually. I exchanged it because it drove me mad in the center of the screen.

6. iShorty macrumors regular

iShorty

You haven't been looking hard enough, I've seen loads.. mine included.