Retina Display: what possibilities are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cagle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Cagle macrumors regular

All this talk of Retina displays appearing in the iPad 3 is exciting, but what are you looking forward to doing with all that extra detail? Are we going to see a new breed of app that will truly benefit from the print quality ppi?

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Mostly I'm just looking forward to being able to read text more easily due to the increased crispness. But apps such as iMovie or any of the various photo editing apps will also benefit from the higher res screen.

3. Capillatus macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm just really looking forward to reading text and websites without pixelation on a 9.7" screen.. Should be amazing :D

4. falcora macrumors 6502

Yeah, I use my iPad a lot for reading, whether its web, blogs, books, etc. Its going to be really nice being able to read these at a magazine-like font size, without seeing any pixelation.

5. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Viewing schematics, blueprints, and the like...

6. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

Reading everything portrait. With the current screen sometimes I have to turn documents sideways just to improve the legibility.

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Same here. Looking forward to better text and technical drawings.

I just hope the iPad 3 is up to pushing this many pixels to the display without problems. If it is going to not work well, I would rather not have the additional resolution.

8. falcora macrumors 6502

I wouldn't worry. The iPad 2 is capable of outputting intense 3D games to an HDTV at 1920x1080 (Real Racing 2 HD) via an HDMI cable. The iPad 3 should have a graphics card several times faster than the iPad 2 as well. I believe that the chip on the iPad 2 was 9 times better than the iPad 1 in terms of graphical performance.