retina display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Badrottie, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

retina looks great on glossy display. I could not image if retina looks that great with MATTE Hi-Res (anti-glare) display?
    Glossy display is not the first one I have owned. The first one I had was Compaq notebook 4 years ago, it looks nice. :apple:

2. skaertus macrumors 68030

skaertus

What is your point?

There's no matte option for the retina MacBook Pro. It's impossible to know.

3. leman macrumors 604

I have no idea what you are talking about. The retina display is not really glossy in the first place. It not anti-glare as well, but its at least closer to it.

4. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

okay what is the difference between "high res" anti-glare screen and retina display. I have seen a lot subject about 17 inches MBP with high res anti-glare screen and I understand that anti-glare is more like matte screen.
    I have wonder if they do not like glossy retina display they might want matte retina display??
    My 2007 MBP has matte screen and I don't know if there is any glossy screen back in 2007? :apple:

----------

But to me it looks a lot like glossy screen and it reminds me of Compaq notebook's screen. :apple:

----------

Or should I say glossy and matte screen instead of retina display? :apple:

5. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

Most glossy displays are made by sealing a glass layer over the LCD panel. In the case of the Retina display, the glass layer IS the LCD panel. It has several advantages, including reducing reflections and glare (nowhere for light to 'bounce around' between the glass and the LCD, because there is no gap) and eliminating the pesky problem of dust getting inside the assembly and in front of the screen.

In short: a matte Retina display would be impossible with the current production methods.