iPad mini Retina games on non-retina screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zoliky, Aug 6, 2013.

1. zoliky macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Is it possible to play a game made for retina display on non-retina screen (ipad mini)? If yes, does it look worse than a non-retina game?

2. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Actually your ipad pick the game resolution it downloads.

3. zoliky thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Bear macrumors G3

Any games that are design for the retina iPads also has graphics for non-retina screens and therefore will work on any iPad that meets the OS requirements.

How will it look, it depends on the artwork/graphics that the developer creates for the game. If done right it will look as good as any other game can on a non-retina iPad.

5. srkmish macrumors regular

srkmish

This. Games look fantastic on mini whether be it real racing, nfs hp, asphalt 7( Fan of racing games). The gaming experience is so good on the mini that u forget abt retina/non retina factor. The most obvious deficiency of the non retina screen becomes apparent when u are reading / browsing. Hence i want apple to release retina mini fast :D . Then it will become the best tablet ever made.

6. zoliky thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all.
    I purchased my iPad mini two months ago and feel sad that it will become obsolete soon.

7. FrankB1191, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013

FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

How will retina make it obsolete? There are still plenty of iPad 2 users, and they seem happy enough. ;)

P.S. I had a Mini before I bought an iPad 4. The small file videos that I had on my Mini did not look good at all on the iPad 4's retina display, so I had to get 3.5GB movies to replace the 700MB movies that looked dandy on my Mini. If you keep a lot of movies on your iPad, a retina display might mean you'll need to bump up your device's storage capability.

8. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Yes, thats why i think ipad mini should appeal to younger demographic who focus mainly on gaming. If apple has named it "Ipad Play" or "playpad" they would not have the headache trying to put retina on mini and not slaughter fullsized sales.

9. zoliky thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all. Your time is greatly appreciated.