Retina iMac or 15" rMBP + 4K Display

Discussion in 'iMac' started by yus, Oct 20, 2014.

1. yus macrumors newbie

Currently have a 27" imac and a macbook air that I use now and again when I'm out and about

Wondering if I should opt for the retina imac or the 15"rmbp then get a 4K monitor to run it off. I could also sell my MBA to save some dough too

I need a computer with as much desktop space as possible as I run multiple windows side by side.

I would save around £400 if I were to buy the rmbp and 4k display (spending £500ish on the display) and sell my mba\

Or I could spend £900 on the 33" LG curved display and run it off the rMBP and not save anything

I know its a hard question to answer but is the retina imac worth the extra £400 over the rmbp? Processor wise, screen wise and video card wise (id probably be looking at the base model on each)

I have a few browser windows side by side that I use for work purposes, don't game at all but watch a lot of movies. Do some photoshop work but nothing too intense as I only edit product pictures and not photos.

Cheers in advance

2. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I think u should do the rmbp and separate display. Wait til the rimac can be an external display before buying