Retina iMac waking from display sleep question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by theBigD23, Oct 30, 2014.

1. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

I just got my Retina iMac and when I wake the monitor from display sleep, it brings up the brightness in what looks like stages, to get to full brightness. I have a Cinema Display connected and that wakes up much quicker. I'm not expecting it to match, but I was wondering if the monitor waking from display sleep in brightness stages is normal? Has anyone else seen this?

2. jbuk1 macrumors member

Brightness is adjusted depending on ambient lighting. Might that have something to do with it?

3. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Actually it's different. It seems that there is always a first step involved, where the display wakes up but with half brightness, and then, one second later (or less) it wakes up completely with full brightness.
    I think this has something to do with the technology used for the display and it's certainly not an issue. It is definitely different though than previous iMacs.

4. jayco1983 macrumors newbie

Right, so that happens to me as well.

But what I'm curious about is a slight tint that happen maybe 4-5 seconds after the adjustment of brightness (at least for me). Does this occur on you Retina as well? If you don't have automatic log in, it should be noticeable in the background on the log in screen. There's a slight tint towards warmer colors and it becomes slightly brighter in colors as well – say 5-8 seconds after waking it up from sleep.