Retina iMac - yellow ish backlight bleed

Discussion in 'iMac' started by intz2nu, May 23, 2015.

1. intz2nu macrumors 6502

intz2nu

I noticed my first small hint of yellow ish backlight bleed at the buttom edge of my monitor when come across one of the threads here and doing a few of the tests however for some reason I almost feel as if the backlight edge of yellow ish bleed is becoming worse can this happen? I read and heard of IR becoming worse over time but never with edge backlight bleed.

2. intz2nu thread starter macrumors 6502

intz2nu

I just thought I would give an update it seems as if the blackleed yellow edge bleed is becoming a bit more worse. Could anyone here tell me if running my monitor at full brightness all the time contributes to it? I mean honestly if thats the case Apple shouldn't allow it to go as bright as it does. I also didn't expect for it to get worse either. My old 27" mid 2010 imac has a lot of yellow edge backlight bleed and it also looks like an LED burned out towards the buttom edge I really hope that this won't be the case with this new retina iMac cause if it is thats a real shame given how much I spent on it.

I need to know whats the best way to snap some pics of it to show you folks just how much backlight bleed there currently is do I need to turn the flash on my camera off to take a decent pic and have it show up?

3. illusionx macrumors 6502