Retina in stock at Amazon (US)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CapnJackGig, Jun 25, 2012.

1. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

It's currently available with free shipping/no tax(where applicable) from a third party via Amazon.

edit: just the low-end version. The high-end is still out-of-stock

2. NightStorm, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012

NightStorm macrumors 68000

Just placed my order... its from DataVision, which is an authorized Apple reseller. I also sent them an email asking to confirm that they expect to ship this out in the next day or two before I cancel my other order with Amazon.

EDIT: Their website shows both models as being in-stock. http://www.datavis.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?key=macbook+pro+retina&x=0&y=0

3. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Just to follow-up... I contacted DataVision via Amazon to confirm that they had the rMBP in-stock and ready to ship. I received an email back about 15 minutes later that they indeed did have them and they would begin getting them ready for shipment as soon as Amazon released the order. My status is now "Shipping Soon" and I expect it to go out later today or tomorrow.

As of 2:07pm eastern, they had 6 more left in-stock.

4. Melih macrumors member

Amazon does not provide student discount right?

5. dude4 macrumors newbie

ive had them doing educational price matches by calling and adjusting it, sometimes they've argued, never done it on huge purchases like that though

6. amberashby macrumors 6502

$100 cheaper if you get it directly from Amazon. I'm trying to be patient but I may just give up and buy from a 3rd party seller. Thing is I have a bunch of Amazon credit card points to use.

I ordered June 20th!!!

7. amy88 macrumors newbie

Thanks alot op.