• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

nathanhaila

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2013
I just got my Retina iPad Mini, set it up and when I use a four-finger pinch to close an app and return to the home screen, the icons start flying in then then there is this abrupt "jerky" transition where they snap back into place.

When I unlock the device they fly into place normally. So it seems like it could be a bug. I'm running 7.0.4.

Is anyone else with a Retina Mini seeing the same thing when they close an app with a four-finger pinch?

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I see it also. But I also see it with an Air and iPad 4. It's like that last second part before it snaps in, the jerkiness occurs, right?

Comment

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
It's iOS 7. It's poorly optimized, but will hopefully get better as updates are made.

Comment

nathanhaila

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2013
Yup. That's correct on when the transition occurs. I just bought an iPad Air so I'll have to check it out tonight and see if I can replicate it on that device as well.

Comment

nathanhaila

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2013
Just checked on an iPad 3 as well and the same issue exists. Sure seems like a prominent issue to me missed in optimization.

Comment

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Yes, it exists on all iOS 7 iPads. Same thing on the Air and the retina mini. I fixed it to "some" degree by turning ON the Reduce Motion setting in Accessbility. I prefer the faster transitions of opening/closing apps that way, too. So for the time being, you can do that.

Comment

darngooddesign

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Does it happen if you do it again? I noticed something like this on my iPhone, but it disappeared after the first time that animation was rendered.

Comment

SixSlinger

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Evryone relax, it's fixed in iOS 7.1. There is a video of it somewhere.

Yep. I installed 7.1 yesterday and the Retina mini runs MUCH better. My 5s also got some great performance gains. I'd guess that a big part of 7.1 is further optimization for the A7's architecture.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.