iPad mini Retina iPad Mini - Jerky Transition

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nathanhaila, Nov 19, 2013.

1. nathanhaila macrumors newbie

I just got my Retina iPad Mini, set it up and when I use a four-finger pinch to close an app and return to the home screen, the icons start flying in then then there is this abrupt "jerky" transition where they snap back into place.

When I unlock the device they fly into place normally. So it seems like it could be a bug. I'm running 7.0.4.

Is anyone else with a Retina Mini seeing the same thing when they close an app with a four-finger pinch?

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I see it also. But I also see it with an Air and iPad 4. It's like that last second part before it snaps in, the jerkiness occurs, right?

3. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

It's iOS 7. It's poorly optimized, but will hopefully get better as updates are made.

4. nathanhaila thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup. That's correct on when the transition occurs. I just bought an iPad Air so I'll have to check it out tonight and see if I can replicate it on that device as well.

5. nathanhaila thread starter macrumors newbie

Just checked on an iPad 3 as well and the same issue exists. Sure seems like a prominent issue to me missed in optimization.

6. WilliamG macrumors 604

Yes, it exists on all iOS 7 iPads. Same thing on the Air and the retina mini. I fixed it to "some" degree by turning ON the Reduce Motion setting in Accessbility. I prefer the faster transitions of opening/closing apps that way, too. So for the time being, you can do that.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Does it happen if you do it again? I noticed something like this on my iPhone, but it disappeared after the first time that animation was rendered.

8. PalacePlayers macrumors regular

Evryone relax, it's fixed in iOS 7.1. There is a video of it somewhere.

9. SixSlinger macrumors regular

SixSlinger

Yep. I installed 7.1 yesterday and the Retina mini runs MUCH better. My 5s also got some great performance gains. I'd guess that a big part of 7.1 is further optimization for the A7's architecture.

10. Fissure macrumors 6502

My rMini does it too, it's iOS 7, they'll (Apple) work it out.