iPad mini Retina iPad Mini - One feature you wish you could have

Discussion in 'iPad' started by irDigital0l, Nov 20, 2013.

?

Retina iPad Mini - One feature you wish you could have

1. Touch ID

23 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. 802.11ac Wi-Fi

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Full color gamut/brighter display

19 vote(s)
    24.7%
  4. Better iSight/FaceTime HD cameras

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Lighter weight

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  6. More battery life

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  7. More iOS features for iPad

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  8. Cheaper price for more storage/LTE model

20 vote(s)
    26.0%
  1. irDigital0l, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013

irDigital0l Guest

Apple solved the major issue with the original iPad mini with a Retina display. More RAM and a fast A7 chip were also added. Faster Wi-Fi, more LTE, and the regular stuff.

What's still missing besides those?

2. ultra7k macrumors 6502

ultra7k

I still think the iPads should have shipped with 2GB of RAM.

Other than that, ever since I've had mine, I've been lamenting the fact that it doesn't have Touch ID. I've become so accustomed to it on my 5s, that I find myself holding the home button on the mini, waiting for it to unlock.

3. macduke Suspended

macduke

More RAM would be my vote, followed closely by the color gamut. But I'm also a professional designer and photographer, so I have reason to actually care. But as I'm not planning on doing color work on my Mini (unless Adobe launches the Lightroom for iPad that they're working on), I'll be ok with the Mini for now.

Actually, my rMini just came in the door. Literally, UPS guy just delivered it to my office as I was typing this. Color looks pretty good coming from an iPad 2 previously. I don't think it will be a huge issue for me, and definitely not for most people.

4. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I actually don't mind that the rMini doesn't have Touch ID. It is a bit weird going from my 5s to my rMini, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Plus, my iPhone goes with me everywhere. My rMini basically stays at home, so I really don't have the need for Touch ID on my tablet.

Other than that, I kind of wish Apple stuck with the $330 pricing on the rMini. I don't believe Apple raised the price of the iPhone 4 when it was introduced to replace the 3GS. But again, the $70 difference obviously didn't deter me in purchasing the rMini.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

What's funny is that since I always use a Smartcover style case I almost never slide to unlock.

6. Cyloncat macrumors regular

Cyloncat

I want a 256GB model.

I have a very large music collection, which up to now I've been loading on an aging iPod Classic. I could load it all (barely) on a 128GB model, but it would leave me no room for anything else, or for additions to my collection. I can get by with a new genre "Do Not Sync" and syncing the rest of the collection by genre, but I'm still close to limits at 128GB.

I don't think that Apple will ever sell a 128GB iPod Touch, so the mini seems to be as close to a replacement for my iPod Classic as I'll ever see. And yes, it does function very well as an "iPod Touch Maxi", better than the actual iPod Touch that I keep around for app development and testing.

7. Km133 macrumors member

As an iPhone 5s user, I've become very used to touch ID. Swiping and entering a pass code is so annoying now!:D

8. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

Guess I'm greedy, but I want 3 things:

802.11ac

More RAM

Rear camera including flash and same specs as iPhone 5s

9. OldRhodie macrumors member

I'd like it to make me irresistible to women ;-)

10. slookx24 macrumors member

11. wermy macrumors regular

TouchID, hands down. I've gotten so used to it on my 5S that I'm constantly clicking the home button on my rMini, and holding it there a second thinking it'll unlock. :-|

12. deaglecat macrumors 6502

full gamut... I returned mine cos' it just kept bugging me. seriously +$20 would have been the extra panel cost... Would have happily paid that for the benefit of a decnt looking screen

13. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

14. deaglecat macrumors 6502

or to put it another way...reds that look red not washed out orange.

sorry ...but it really is such a flaw when compared to my ipad 4.

15. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

You mean my red or your red?

16. DaCurmudgen macrumors regular

This

17. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I'd like a mini that worked fully as a phone. Not just voice over ip, but with an antenna, that could do anything a cell phone could do. That would give me one less device to carry around.

18. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

gamut of course lol...but seriously, given how much more likely the mini will be taken outside, I think Touch ID is a huge feature that is missing. I predict gold being added as well haha. The usual hardware upgrades will come I suspect, like the RAM/proc, wireless etc.

19. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Kind of contradicting eh?