All iPads Retina iPad Mini reservation limit

Discussion in 'iPad' started by robsvk, Dec 3, 2013.

1. robsvk macrumors newbie

Hello to all :)

So I bought a retina Mini last week (reservation and pickup at Apple Store in Birmingham, UK) but ended up returning it because of the infamous yellow-tinted screen and decided to try another one, couple of days later. However for various reasons I wasn't able to go to the store at the time of my 2nd reservation. So I tried to book another for today but Apple's reservation web doesn't want to accept it and says that I've reched my reservation limit.

Any advice on what should I do to get the retina Mini from the Apple store?

2. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Retina iPad Mini reservation limit

Use a different contact phone number. That's the unique piece of data.

Given that they don't use it, make it up if you don't have another number.

3. robsvk thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, thanks for the tip, but that keeps me spinning in an infinite loop - I enter a diffrent phone number, hit sign in at the bottom of the reservation web and it takes me to a site where I have to login with my Apple ID, and then the whole registration process starts from the beginning... Weird, I might just hve to pay a visit to the store tomorrow and ask, wether there's a way around it.

4. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Had that problem too and I used a different browser and that worked. John Lewis have then in stock for delivery next day with a 90 day return period if that helps.

5. robsvk thread starter macrumors newbie

Will try that tomorrow. Do you think it would work as well if i create a new Apple ID and try to reserve with that?

Yeah I know about JL. I've read in another thread that you ordered from JL too so would you mind letting me know how's the screen on that one?

Thanks a lot for the help :)

6. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Yeah will do. And I used the same Apple ID. I tried lots of combinations and the only thing that worked was changing my phone number to my work mobile. I even put in a duff a mobile and that worked fine too. I also tried a different Apple ID with the same phone number and that didn't work either. I think Apple reckon that the only thing that is likely to be unique to someone is their mobile. People share email addresses and Apple IDs. Good luck.

7. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

JL device arrived. It's an F4KL serial - all the others have been DLXL. This is a Pegatron device rather than Foxcon. Screen looks good - whiter than the others I've had and nice and bright. Initial look suggests there are no visible defects. No image retention and the very faintest yellow bleed in the bottom left but nothing outside the norm for any iPad I've had and nothing like the other couple that have had this problem.

So fingers crossed at last this looks good. Looks like third party resellers in the UK at least are getting supplies with the F4KL serial from Pegatron and Apple the DLXL ones - which seem to have more problems.

8. robsvk thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to hear that :) I went to the apple store today got my 2nd unit, opened it there and had it immediately exchanged for the 3rd that I'm keeping, which looks basically the same as you described yours. The interesting thing about it though is that all 3 of them were F4KL serials and the first two suffered from significant yellowing.

9. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

So it's a complete lottery!