Retina IR resolved?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrweirdo, Nov 12, 2013.

1. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

So I haven't seen any IR threads about Retina mbp surface in a few days. Is it safe to assume that they may have resolved most of those?

I did test two 13" at different locations. The one at an apple store passed the test flawlessly while another one at best buy showed a small amount of IR with the screen.

Basically its the one thing that's keeping me from pulling the plug on a 13" retina. I'm concerned about developing this issue as I'd like to have this system last at least 5 years. Got 7 on my current blackbook mac:)

2. fs454 macrumors 65816

It's a screen manufacturer issue as you may already know - one supplier (Samsung) is making the displays without the IR issue, the other (LG) seems to still be producing screens with the problem. It seems to me that Samsung is providing most of the displays, and I'm sure Apple is trying to eliminate the issue as well through increased QA requirements among other things.

Just buy one and if you ever notice the problem, get it swapped by Apple. I don't think I've heard of a case where anyone was stuck with a MBP suffering from IR issues.

3. RngRngBananaRam macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, Samsung screens can be a bit yellow and splotchy. I'd rather have mild image retention than risk getting a yellow and splotchy screen.