Retina MacBook Air in 2014?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by preyan, Nov 17, 2013.

1. preyan macrumors 6502

preyan

With the mini getting retina, I'm thinking is going to make retina standard for all products. What do you guys think!? I hope so cause I'd like to get one. But might just end up getting MacBook Pro :D

2. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Wouldn't interest me in the least, it is just going to use more power and raise the price. Aside from that, the pixels are already small enough on the MBA. Putting even more of them on the same sized screen would do nothing for me.

3. PDFierro macrumors 68040

The Air needs a better screen regardless. The TN panel is a joke now. I'm sure when a Retina screen comes to the Air next year, the price/battery won't change. Also keep in mind that a Retina screen is not about making the pixels smaller.

4. Jensend macrumors regular

Actually, when Apple labels a screen Retina, they are only referring to the size of the pixels related to viewing distance.
    The first two Retina iPhones and the Retina iPad mini all have a small color gamut. The first Retina iPod Touch wasn't even IPS. (I have no doubt that the first rMBA will be an IPS display, though)

Even though I love high pixel density, I'd take a IPS Macbook with the current resolution over a Retina TN Macbook Air.

5. Mac-eternal macrumors newbie

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I wouldn't mind it as long as it doesn't affect the battery life too much. I'll be upgrading from my mid 2011 maxed out 11".

7. w00d macrumors member

Do you think they would use retina at the expense of battery life in the air?

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I think eventually they will when it won't affect is as much but who knows.