Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

preyan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
With the mini getting retina, I'm thinking is going to make retina standard for all products. What do you guys think!? I hope so cause I'd like to get one. But might just end up getting MacBook Pro :D

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Wouldn't interest me in the least, it is just going to use more power and raise the price. Aside from that, the pixels are already small enough on the MBA. Putting even more of them on the same sized screen would do nothing for me.

Comment

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Wouldn't interest me in the least, it is just going to use more power and raise the price. Aside from that, the pixels are already small enough on the MBA. Putting even more of them on the same sized screen would do nothing for me.

The Air needs a better screen regardless. The TN panel is a joke now. I'm sure when a Retina screen comes to the Air next year, the price/battery won't change. Also keep in mind that a Retina screen is not about making the pixels smaller.

Comment

Jensend

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2008
The Air needs a better screen regardless. The TN panel is a joke now. I'm sure when a Retina screen comes to the Air next year, the price/battery won't change. Also keep in mind that a Retina screen is not about making the pixels smaller.
Actually, when Apple labels a screen Retina, they are only referring to the size of the pixels related to viewing distance.
The first two Retina iPhones and the Retina iPad mini all have a small color gamut. The first Retina iPod Touch wasn't even IPS. (I have no doubt that the first rMBA will be an IPS display, though)

Even though I love high pixel density, I'd take a IPS Macbook with the current resolution over a Retina TN Macbook Air.

Comment

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I wouldn't mind it as long as it doesn't affect the battery life too much. I'll be upgrading from my mid 2011 maxed out 11".

Comment

w00d

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2010
Do you think they would use retina at the expense of battery life in the air?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.