Retina Macbook Headphone jack Built-in Mic No Device Driver (bootcamp)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fonzy, Nov 3, 2012.

1. fonzy macrumors newbie

I have a retina MBP. There is only one headphone jack, which allows for headphones with built in mics (like the apple iphone headphones) to be plugged in and used along with the microphone.

This works on OSX, I can switch to the mic in the headset and use it.

But in Windows, the mic does not show up in my recording devices list, therefore it cannot be used.

I've already tried to see whether my drivers are up to date, and have re installed the BootCamp drivers as well. The mic will just not show up as a device.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

The headphone device is: Cirrus Logic CS4206B (AB 40)

Thanks

2. fonzy thread starter macrumors newbie

3. trypptyc macrumors newbie

Same issue.

I too am very much looking for a solution to this same problem.

Under OSX I can detect both the heaphones as well as the headset mic.

Under Win7 I can only detect the headphones, but no mic under recording in sound options. Even having checked "Show disabled/disconnected devices", there is no option for another mic.

4. el-John-o macrumors 65816

Did you install all of the boot camp drivers? They include a driver specifically for that jack.

5. sean800 macrumors member

Bumping old post because I have this same problem and have scoured Google with no results. Surely, someone must know how to get this working? Yes, I've installed all boot-camp drivers. Headphones work fine, mic doesn't show up.

6. B... macrumors 68000

B...

7. sean800, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013

sean800 macrumors member

I think I've honestly clicked every relevant result on google. I'm stumped.

Edit: And evidently, so is everyone else. I can't think of any reason a mic would work on one OS and not the other, aside from driver issues, but I've checked and rechecked the drivers. I've also tested with a third party headset as well as apple headphones with mic, both show the same behavior.

8. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Sadly I think this applies to all apple laptops, for whatever reason they just don't enable the microphone input on headphone jack in windows driver/environment. it's been frustrating me too.

9. thomaskc macrumors 6502

It is REALLY annoying... like massively, it can't be fathomed how stupid this is! Maybe it's because they realise that so many more people would stay in windows and never use OSX if they made everything work as intended... this topic has been discussed for years and I have to to see anyone actually confirm getting it work.