Retina MacBook Or MacBookPro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mustu, Jun 21, 2015.

1. mustu macrumors 6502

Hello guys I know there must be loads of topics on this matter but here is my situation.

I have a Retina 5K iMac at home and one at work. I also have a 15" MacBook Pro Early 2011 edition that now has a 512GB SSD. Most of my work involves looking up price lists - emails and using safari.

I would like something more portable than the 15" MacBook Pro as I have now stopped carrying it on my trips be it a holiday or a work trip. I am the boss of my own company so don't really need to answer to any one.

I should I get the Retina MacBook? Or just use the iPad Air 2 that I have been using for my mails Or should I go in for the new 13" MacBook Pro?. I have others to do my work for me at work but I like to be hands on for certain things.

I don't have an issue regarding money.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Sounds like the MacBook is fast enough for your needs.

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I would just get an iPad or other tablet if you don't need any of the features of OS X and will strictly be doing what you listed. There is no sense in paying more for a laptop, unless it is something that you want.

4. pjfan macrumors regular

It seems to me that the rMB is the machine for you.

Personally, I use Air2 and keyboard for most of my travels, but a laptop has to be relatively close by.... For what you're doing, rMB and air 2 would be a perfect combo.

Enjoy it.

5. Flunkyturtle macrumors 6502

Sounds like your in a pretty comfortable position.

If money was an object i would say tablet.

As it's not, why not treat yourself and get a RMB full spec or RMBP full spec.

It's overkill but **** it, you can't take it with you, might as well enjoy an amazing piece of engineering.

6. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Buy what ever you like for that use case your phone could do it.