Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Woodcrest64, Jan 26, 2013.
Just wondering what percentage did or didn't.
I have to vote: C) I plan to.
I am in the same boat. Not yet but I plan to.
Need a third choice of will probably buy it sometime during the first year.
not yet. I plan to get it soon though.
same here, probably close to when the 1st year is up
No. My credit card offers a second year of protection, and I also have a personal articles policy that covers theft, accidental damage, and mechanical failure. $249 for an extra layer that really is only useful in year 3 isn't worth it to me, particularly since there is a good chance that I will have sold it and purchased a new one before the end of Year 3 (if Apple releases an 11.6" version, sign me up for one).
I bought it, but only because B&H Photo offered a great price of $122 with the purchase of the machine. (50% discount on their normal price of $244). I would have never bought it for the Apple price of $350. At a discounted price from B&H, eBay, etc., I would have been on the fence.
It can be a complicated decision with the rMBP. On the one hand, less mechanical content suggests that the machine is not as likely to fail. On the other hand, if the keyboard or trackpad were to fail, I wouldn't try to repair it myself, as I would have with an older MBP.
D: I plan not to.
Finally been to the Apple store to do a proper comparison between the 15" standard, hi res anti glare and retina screens... Retina is soooooo pretty! Shame really, I'd all but decided to get an anti glare and swap the HDD for a 960GB SDD when they come out but now I REALLY want the retina! Gonna have to make do with an external HDD for films & TV shows I guess
No. I will do it before the end of the yearly warranty
I'll just buy a MBP with my AMEX and get a second year of warranty for free.
i'll wait until the first year to nearly end before spending more money into the AppleCare
but maybe in the meantime, the European Union will probably force Apple to apply a regular 2-year warranty
+1, my reasoning on this is since I purchased a base model there is a good probability that I will upgrade before the year is up and then just sell my current machine.
I plan too as well.
Throw another one in for option C.
I didn't initially get one but I plan on getting it eventually before my first year runs out.