Retina MacBook Owners - Windows Users Only

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by boltjames, May 28, 2015.

1. boltjames macrumors 68030

boltjames

For those running Windows via Bootcamp with the new MacBook, couple of questions:

1. When I close the lid and put the notebook to Sleep it loses about 5% battery life overnight which never happened when I was running Windows on a Sony notebook. Any thoughts on this? Would putting the MacBook into "Hibernate" be the better approach or is life with a MacBook that it drains itself quickly every day?

2. There is no Bluetooth in Windows via Bootcamp and I need a wireless mouse. Any of you find a solution? Or do we have to go old-school with an infrared dongle?

To clarify my setup, I'm not using Mac OS at all, Bootcamp is set to boot straight to Windows, I'm treating this Apple product as a slim/sleek traveling Windows machine.

BJ

2. facrat macrumors member

Yes, enabling Hibernate after a certain time in sleep would more closely correspond to how OS X manages its sleep cycles. It goes into its S4 after 3 hours by default, though I changed this to 1 hour because in OS X it drained too fast for me in sleep.

You shouldn't see any difference at all in battery use if you do this, although you'll need to manually press the power button each time to wake Windows from S4 rather than just opening the lid IIRC.

3. boltjames thread starter macrumors 68030

boltjames

Thanks! I'll try Hibernate.

Any other tips on making the Windows experience more efficient on the rMB?

BJ