Retina MacBook Pro 13 weird colors

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RolandH, Oct 13, 2016.

1. RolandH macrumors newbie

Hy guys. I have an Early 2015 RMBP 13" and after i upgraded to macOS Sierra, the MacBook goes Weird. After the screen is going to sleep or i close the lid and open it up after a while the screen goes to weird colors. If i open the lid up or wake the screen up immediately or within 10 minutes the issue is not shown. But is i let the MacBook rest the issue shown up when i open the lid. After 5-10 seconds the colors goes to the normal. I took a photo of this issue. Can anybody have this issue or seen something like that? How can i solve this, because it is very annoying from a 1000+ dollar notebook.

Attached Files:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Since you have a 13" MBP that is only iGPU only, I don't think its the GPU failing. Did you try rolling back to the prior version of OS X? Perhaps its a bug with Sierra?

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

Definitely a software issue. Do a reinstallation of Sierra from Recovery Mode. That ought to fix it.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd first go back to pre-sierra, just to confirm and then he can try a sierra re-load if he wishes - just my $.02 :)

5. RolandH thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried a clean install with Sierra and the issue still there. Then i made a clean install with El Capitan and the issue not shown up. But i'd like to use the Sierra and i upgraded to sierra again. Now the issue still stands.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well, at least you have your answer, perhaps a subsequent update to Sierra will fix it for you, otherwise, you'll have to live with it

7. JTToft macrumors 68040

- Well, reinstallation of the existing system is far easier than rolling back to a previous one. It's the less invasive first step.

- Strange. Tried SMC and NVRAM resets just for good measure?

8. RolandH thread starter macrumors newbie

I hope they will fix it. I can live with this, cause there was another bug with the El Capitan what i can't fix. That was with the login screen, when i turned on the computer the screen was at the Retina resolutin even if i set the more space resolution, then after 1-2 seconds the resolution corrects itself to the choosen one. I haven't tried SMC and NVRAM resets, but i will try it.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That probably couldn't hurt, though, its odd that the prior version was fine but not Sierra.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2016 ---
    Agreed, but I think the odds of fixing it would be higher with El Sid then Sierra.

10. RolandH thread starter macrumors newbie

I have used the Yosemite first in this Mac, and that was the best. There was no any bug with that OSX. No resolution bug, no color bug, nothing. but then with the El Capitan there was a bug with the resolution. Here in hungary there is not any Apple Stores there are just resellers. I went to the one of them and i asked that they probably met with this issue. Thes said, they haven't heard about it. After i went to an Apple computer and phone service to ask this them too. They said the same as the guys at the Reseller store. I wrote to forums and there was no any answer so i just got to used to it. I tought that uhh yeah Sierra is here, this must solve my problem. Sierra just gave me a more annoying bug than El Capitan. If the resetsn will not help i will have to live with this as you said this.

11. jerryk macrumors 68020

What resolution are you using? If it is not "Best for Retina" give that a try.

Also try adjusting the Energy Saver settings to see if changing the time for display off has an impact.

12. RolandH thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using "More Space" option. I will try that option too. Thank you for the advices guys.