Retina Macbook Pro 15" resolution.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by youngmru, Aug 15, 2015.

1. youngmru macrumors newbie

I recently got the new 15" rMBP and the screen is beautiful but i'm not sure which is the better resolution to use, "best" or scaled at 1920 x 1200. You get a tonne more space at 1920 x 1200 but everything looks better at the best resolution. Does the screen resolution affect gaming/video playback also? Should i change into 1920 x 1200 to play games?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There is no "best" resolution, but rather which one works for you. I prefer the default but other may not.

As for games, try the games on the different settings and find out which resolution looks the best for you and it performs well (I'm not a gamer so I can't help you in that department)

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

The one you like best is the best resolution to use. That's the whole point of retina.

Nobody can choose your preference for you.

4. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

The default resolution will be the sharpest and have the least performance penalty, but you should use which ever one works acceptably well to you. On the 15" model I like the 1920x1200 setting because I love a lot of desktop space and it looks acceptably sharp to me.