Retina Macbook Pro 15" trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by igneousc, Feb 22, 2016.

1. igneousc macrumors regular

Was cooking and has some water on my hands last week, and ended up with some small drops of water on my trackpad. I believe most of it was in the middle, but Im sure theres a chance some seeped in on an edge a little bit. I probably didnt notice until 20 minutes later or so before I wiped it off, and now my trackpad is acting crazy. The cursor jumps like 1/3 of the way across my screen from left to right randomly, especially when I click on things. I normally only use the trackpad when Im travelling or for small cursor movements in addition to my logitech mouse(mainly use macbook on my desk for work). This issue is bad enough that I had to turn off the trackpad though. Any suggestions? I know if I got water under there Im kinda screwed since its a part of the whole unit, but maybe there is something I can do? Its one of the original retina 15" macbooks, I forget what year 2012 or 2013? whenever it launched, I got it a few months after that.
    Thanks
    Was cooking and has some water on my hands last week, and ended up with some small drops of water on my trackpad. I believe most of it was in the middle, but Im sure theres a chance some seeped in on an edge a little bit. I probably didnt notice until 20 minutes later or so before I wiped it off, and now my trackpad is acting crazy. The cursor jumps like 1/3 of the way across my screen from left to right randomly, especially when I click on things. I normally only use the trackpad when Im travelling or for small cursor movements in addition to my logitech mouse(mainly use macbook on my desk for work). This issue is bad enough that I had to turn off the trackpad though. Any suggestions? I know if I got water under there Im kinda screwed since its a part of the whole unit, but maybe there is something I can do? Its one of the original retina 15" macbooks, I forget what year 2012 or 2013? whenever it launched, I got it a few months after that.
    Thanks

2. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO

Maybe remove the bottom and see if there is water inside the case. If there is removing it might help dry it out faster.

The first retina model is 2012.

3. igneousc thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Ill pull off the bottom tonight. I was going to do that until I realized the touchpad couldnt be taken out by itself :(
    and yeah, its a 2012

4. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO

It's good to take the bottom cover off to check for the amount of water that might have gotten in there.