Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mischaa, Aug 30, 2013.
So, what are the biggest rumors about the new Retina MacBooks for coming September 10th?
Correct me if I'm wrong but the September 10th event is for the iPhone/iPad only. I don't think we'll see anything being unveiled during that media event for the rMBP
In a nutshell: Haswell CPUs, discrete GPU removed (Intel IGP with custom TDP rating instead), PCI-e SSD, improved battery life. Nothing else comes to mind.
P.S. Didn't notice the september 10 part I think late september or october is more likely.
Ouch.. Any ideas on when the new rMBP will be released?
13th of September! First leaks one week before.
My prediction track record? I was always wrong
Jim Dalrymple confirmed that iPads won't be present at the 10 September event (assuming that is the date the announcement will be on). As for the rMBP on that same day, we haven't gotten a confirmation either way to say for sure it will or it won't be announced then. But as of right now the signs don't look too promising for a rMBP refresh on 10 September.
Check out the nearly *5,800* post-long thread on *precisely* this subject that has been stickied to the top of this forum.
That might take a while. Perhaps repeating the highlights would be more helpful.
They are expected to have PCI SSDs, AC wifi, Haswell processors (47W quads for the 15" and 21W ULV duals for the 13"). 5100 HD for 13", Iris Pro 5200 for 15" in all likelyhood. That's all we know for fairly certain.
The above is correct but also the Wifi will be upgraded to 802.11ac. This is virtually certain because the Haswell MBA has 802.11ac.
That's PCIe SSD (which the Haswell MBA has), and 28W (not 21W) Haswell CPUs in the 13" rMBP.
It's also very likely that the cMBP (with the internal optical brick) will be discontinued.
(1) Haswell CPU (dual 13", quad 15")
(2) GPU: HD 5100 Iris (13"), HD 5200 Iris Pro (15")
(3) PCI-E Flash Storage
(4) 802.11 AC WiFi
(5) Better Battery Life
(6) 1080p FaceTime Camera
* Similar prices, possible slight drop the 15".
* Same screen resolutions. Case on the 13" may be slightly thinner to match the 15".
* Dedicated GPU is increasingly looking unlikely, especially given the rumor that intel is working on a more power custom Iris Pro chip for Apple.
* Release date is looking like mid-late October, potentially at a unified iPad/Mavericks event.
Still hoping for a silent update on the 10th!!!!
There was a supply chain leaks suggesting September release. I think it's definitely possible that the new models will be announced on the 10th. Even if they aren't, October isn't far away, and we'll definitely see a refresh by then.
Seems unlikely with developers reporting some of the bugs that exist in the latest Mavericks beta... feeling its gonna be October, but one can only wait.
and you cannot be trusted.
how big is the difference between intel hd 5100 and 5200?
Thanks for all this information. I think it's worth waiting but I want my new MacBook so bad, hehe! I guess we all have to wait till October then.
Nobody knows diddly-squat.
Interesting. If the new Intel integrated GPU can handle enough power, I'd be satisfied - less overheating risk as well. Apple has a good point with quiet machines, and in general (size vs cooling vs performance) one can't ever have all three. It'd be nice if they made a slightly larger MBP for cooling if they want silent power...
8 days and then we all know of we have to wait one more month or not. Besides that; it might take a while before its available in the stores..