Retina MacBook Pro collect at store UK?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shahidkapoor, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Shahidkapoor macrumors member

Shahidkapoor

Hello, I'm a uni student and planning to buy the base Retina MBP over the phone so that I can get Apple care Plan for just £60 and MBP for £1528. But since the dispatch time is 3-4 weeks, is it possible to purchase it over the phone and collect it from a store ? Coz I really need one now for submissions.

I've heard that stores don't offer apple care for £60 to students. They just offer discount on the MBP and Apple care for £190 approx..
    Is it true?

Thanks in advance.

2. DeeEss macrumors 6502a

It seems the chance of getting one instore is slim to none. I'm in the same boat, I need the thing for a big job next week.

3. JasonH42 macrumors 6502

Went into Leicester and Milton Keynes Apple Stores today and they had none. John Lewis Leicester however have stock (no display model) but cannot sell them until Friday...

4. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

Unfortunately it's not possible to order it over the phone or online and collect it in store. If you want the free 3 year warranty you have to buy it over the phone or online, buying it instore with a student discount only gets you 30% off AppleCare which brings it to around £195 :(

EDIT: And I'd say this is the one machine in Apple's line-up where you really should get the extended warranty. It's the first generation of a new, very ambitious product and these often have a few problems. Also, I'd imagine that just about every part in this machine will cost more to have replaced out of warranty than it would on most other Macs.

5. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

I've tried calling the Regent Street store today with no luck. Spoke to the business sales and the guy had no idea when they will arrive. They just get stuff delivered daily and they have no insight into what it will be exactly.

I happen to be in Basingstoke today and they don't have it there either. They do have the 2012 old shape MBPs and new MBAs though. The guys at the store were just as anxious to check it out as I was.