Retina MacBook Pro color profile

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tylrcly, Jan 25, 2013.

1. tylrcly macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any good color profile downloads? I went from a mid-2009 MBP to a new Retina MacBook Pro and it's got a yellowish/brownish tint to the color and I cannot stand it. I've used every standard color profile and even tried calibrating the color and it still doesn't compare to my old MBP's color (which I love). Thanks for any help!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't see how it can be of much help if you use someone else's calibrated profile?

3. el-John-o macrumors 65816

+1

"Factory calibrated" and stuff like that is all marketing.

Color accuracy depends on viewing angle, lighting in the room, etc. Most pro's in design fields where color accuracy is paramount (esp. portrait photography, for example), folks will not use a laptop display no matter how good; they need a fixed display under fixed lighting that they can calibrate (and they still re-calibrate frequently) and be accurate.

There's going to be some pretty big differences in color between the two anyway. The retina is an IPS display, which displays more colors. Your 09 MB was a Twisted Nematic display, which displays fewer colors and has less color accuracy, contrast, etc. So no matter what, things are going to look a little different.

How does your display compare to other displays? Can you take it to an Apple store and see how it looks next to a store model? It's possible you could have an issue with the display, but there's no way of knowing that for sure unless we understand what the 'tint' you are referring to is. Where is the tint visible? Can you describe it more? Were you calibrating it with Apples calibration tool?