Retina MacBook Pro constantly restarting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iLife87, Jul 18, 2012.

1. iLife87 macrumors member

Is anyone else having problems with her retina MacBook Pro restarting at random times? Mine happens quite often and it's becoming annoying. Also I just received my MacBook Pro about two hours ago and I'm wondering if anyone else has the same symptoms.

2. Nitrocide macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

Are you running a particular program? How soon after you purchased it did it start this behaviour?

----------

Also, does it freeze up and then prompt you to restart your machine, or does it just restart on its own accord?

3. mattonthemoon macrumors regular

mattonthemoon

My brother's iMac did that out of the box, had to be replaced.

4. iLife87 thread starter macrumors member

It seems to happen whenever bittorrent and itunes are open together. My other macs have never done this...

What happens is the mac freezes up and just shuts down, and goes to this grey screen saying hit a key to restart or wait. I wait and it comes back like nothing was wrong.

5. iLife87 thread starter macrumors member

After doing some research It might be actually linked to Chrome hmm.

6. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

It is Chrome. Memory leak iirc.

If it looks like the image below, then you're having kernel panics from memory leaks caused by Chrome. I'm on the Beta and I even still get these from time to time (like once a day, at least). Not sure if the Dev (weekly build) or Canary (nightly build) still experience this issue.

Attached Files:

7. Nathywanty macrumors newbie

My retina did the same thing when only chrome was open. Any news on an update to fix this?

8. iLife87 thread starter macrumors member

I've been using Chrome Canary and have had only 1 crash with it. For the meantime I'm just going to stick to safari until they work out the bugs in Chrome.