Retina MacBook Pro developing loose keys

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by devinhansen, Nov 28, 2012.

1. devinhansen macrumors newbie

So I work at best buy and i was able to snatch up an open box 15" macbook pro retina right when it hit the table. It looked absolutely mint condition and never touched, so i bought it for $1900, saved a couple hundred.

Now i am running into this issue of some of my keys on my key board are rather loose compared to all the other keys. It's mostly my "I" and "O" key that are loose, if i bring this to an apple store will the be able to fix it on the spot or what? I talked to best buy about this issue and all they did was offer to ship my macbook to apple which could take 3-5weeks, and i don't even want to chance my mac getting damaged in shipping or handled by someone carless.. I am extremely anal when it comes to any sort of flaws/scratches on my mac.

Let me know guys!

2. devinhansen thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Raunien macrumors 6502

How loose is it? Post video/pictures if possible?

4. devinhansen thread starter macrumors newbie

i'll post a video later when i get home.. i'm almost thinking about returning it and trading it in for a new one. There's a $200 difference, but i don't want o make the exchange for just this loose key thing to happen again. Also i don't want to do the exchange if this is like a $2 fix or something like that.