Retina MacBook Pro Fan Problem

Alexthager

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
Hey, I've had my new MacBook Pro for a couple months and it's been running great. I am very careful with handling my laptop, there are no scratches, I have never dropped it. However, today it started my some horrible sound, created by the fans. To confirm it was the fans I downloaded SMC fan control, and when I crank up the RPM, the sound changes. It sounds like something is stuck in the fan, because if I smack where the sound is coming from, the top right, the fans stop, then start again. Help me out, thanks.

Alexthager

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
Step 1. Don't smack it :)
Step 2. Take it in to Apple and get it fixed
I wasn't forcefully smacking it, only a gentle knuckle tap, I'm actually in the Apple Store right now, awaiting my appointment. I was wondering if anyone else had encountered the same or a similar issue.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Hey, I've had my new MacBook Pro for a couple months and it's been running great. I am very careful with handling my laptop, there are no scratches, I have never dropped it. However, today it started my some horrible sound, created by the fans. To confirm it was the fans I downloaded SMC fan control, and when I crank up the RPM, the sound changes. It sounds like something is stuck in the fan, because if I smack where the sound is coming from, the top right, the fans stop, then start again. Help me out, thanks.
Nice...