Retina MacBook Pro Freezing Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by natd1993, Jul 21, 2013.

1. natd1993 macrumors regular

natd1993

I've recently bought a 15" rMBP, and I'm experiencing freezing within applications. I'll be editing in FCPX, and the computer will freeze completely for about 3-4 seconds. I am working off a FW drive through a Thunderbolt adaptor, but I wouldn't have thought such an expensive computer would suffer such freezes.

Has anyone else had this issue? What can I do to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. paukivbashne macrumors member

i would suggest the usual routine starting with smc resest followed by nvram reset and finish it with disk utility permission checkup/fix
    then we can talk further)

3. natd1993 thread starter macrumors regular

natd1993

Thanks, will try those now.

4. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

i have the freezing issue when i drag my footage from the viewer to the time line or from the browser window in fcp 7, freezing happens when i do a search in finder at random times. The app just quits with a crash report. This is my second replacement to have this issue and while doing the hardware test i got a failed error code which regards the ssd.
    Currently its at the service centre and they cannot find any issues while carrying out a normal usage but the hardware test fails. They want to keep it to send some data to the engineering team leaving me without it for 4 days more.
    I only used a thunderbolt drive to copy footage to my internal hard-drive and to take constant backs of it.