Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dndandrea

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
I tried hooking up my rMBP to my HDTV with a HDMI today and all i get is a blank screen. I can still move the mouse but cant see anything and the resolution is way off even though all i see is a huge mouse cursor.

I searched online and found out some people fixed the problem by removing some plist files. I removed mine but I still have the same problems. Does anyone have a different fix for this? Thanks.

mliu6041

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
Hi, I had the same issue when I got my retina MBP. I fixed this problem by press "command+F1", it will then change from different mode. I hope this will help. Thanks.

sensorian

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Manchester, UK
sorry, at the risk of sounding patronising did you check the input on the TV is set properly? Mine has worked first time on any screen I have connected it to.

dndandrea

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
Hi, I had the same issue when I got my retina MBP. I fixed this problem by press "command+F1", it will then change from different mode. I hope this will help. Thanks.
Wow this worked. I remember when Apple made products that seamlessly worked, not that way anymore :(. Thank you!

spoonie1972

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2012
this can depend in your batter/power settings. if you choose to keep things "light" on batter use, it'll use the integrated graphics, and not auto-switch to the nvidia stuff that powers the external. (at least, that's what i've noticed).

YMMV

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.