Retina Macbook Pro + HDMI cable = Blank Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dndandrea, Nov 6, 2012.

1. dndandrea macrumors 6502

I tried hooking up my rMBP to my HDTV with a HDMI today and all i get is a blank screen. I can still move the mouse but cant see anything and the resolution is way off even though all i see is a huge mouse cursor.

I searched online and found out some people fixed the problem by removing some plist files. I removed mine but I still have the same problems. Does anyone have a different fix for this? Thanks.

2. dndandrea thread starter macrumors 6502

3. mliu6041 macrumors newbie

Hi, I had the same issue when I got my retina MBP. I fixed this problem by press "command+F1", it will then change from different mode. I hope this will help. Thanks.

4. sensorian macrumors member

sorry, at the risk of sounding patronising did you check the input on the TV is set properly? Mine has worked first time on any screen I have connected it to.

5. dndandrea thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow this worked. I remember when Apple made products that seamlessly worked, not that way anymore :(. Thank you!

6. spoonie1972 macrumors 6502a

this can depend in your batter/power settings. if you choose to keep things "light" on batter use, it'll use the integrated graphics, and not auto-switch to the nvidia stuff that powers the external. (at least, that's what i've noticed).

YMMV