Retina MacBook Pro Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ultra AleM, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Hey guys! I bought a 15 rMBP. It is gorgeous, I love it. It is light but at the same time powerful and has a gorgeous screen. But here it is a problem: some pictures and elements, videos, internet and stuff that looked great on my old MBA now look very bad. I don't know anymore how other people display them, because I see them in a altered way. It's all pixellated and stuff. If I see a 640x320 picture at its real size it is extremely small.

Is there a way to fix this kind of issues?THX

2. lucasfer899 macrumors 6502

lucasfer899

Of course it will look all pixelated, since you are constantly looking at such a hi res interface, any upscaled pictures not being displayed at their native res are going to look bad. That is no fault of the notebook, just that developers and web designers are at fault. :mad:

I don't think I'd ever go for retina displays on my desktop workstation, it just wouldn't work out.

3. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

So you basically think a regular screen's better? Did I mess up my money? :S

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

No, essentially you bought it too early:p
    The web is not ready yet for retina, but it will one day.

5. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It's a case of waiting for the rest of the world to catch up. People are starting to design with retina displays in mind now.

6. trigonometry macrumors 6502

trigonometry

It shouldn't be that bad. All the sites I visit look fine even the old ones that haven't been updated in a decade. As far as pictures, you can "fix" (transform) them with a program like Pixelmator.

7. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

I have 14 days to change it. Do you think I should? I want a notebook that will be good for 3 years or more

8. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Can't give you advise on this, it's too personal.

9. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

How would he know what you should do? Can you live with it? The web is constantly improving to retina-awareness. If you cannot live with it, return it and buy a cMBP. Not so difficult.

10. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

I think I'll keep it. I mean: it's the future, isn't it? It's a better investment for the future.

11. Sean76 macrumors 6502

Sean76

@ the OP...

Nobody here can really answer the question to you on whether or not you should keep your machine or not. It's really based on your usage and how long you really see this lap top lasting you.

For me I'm really happy with the purchase of my 13inch rMBP. Yes some things look a little pixelated here and there because of the Retina screen, and the web not being caught up with the technology of the screen, but I gotta say...the Good outweighs the bad...Best Lap Top that I've ever owned, for my needs anyway.

12. snaky69 macrumors 603

A computer is NOT and investment unless you actually make money using it. It's a nice toy, period.

As others have said, application designers and web designers simply haven't caught up with the technology yet.

If a picture is 640x480, it's that size and that's that. Displaying it at native res will make it look tiny, and displaying it upscaled will make it look pixelated, as you cannot "invent" new pixels to interpolate a picture, the information is either there or it isn't. (I'm not sure how to word this...)