retina macbook pro - question

aerae

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
Hey guys.

Just a quick question to all your retina macbook pro owners.

How "smooth" is switching workspace with 3 fingers on the touchpad?
Mine seems a "bit" choppy, though it isn't TOO bad. It just seemed a lot smoother on my MBA (Maybe...)

Let me know how you guys think of the workspace transition using 3 finger swiping on trackpad!

Thanks!

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
Mine is very smooth, no issues to report.

Also i have 3 fingers for drag, and four for switching between workspaces.

wethackrey

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2007
Redondo Beach, California
Pretty danged smooth

I've tried with both integrated and high performance graphics. Swipe between desktops is extraordinarily smooth. Right now I have two Mac desktops (one with Photoshop CS6 Extended) and two running VMWare – a Windows 7 VM in one and Windows 2008 Server R2 in another. No sign of stutter or lag of any kind.

Zach23

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Hey guys.

Just a quick question to all your retina macbook pro owners.

How "smooth" is switching workspace with 3 fingers on the touchpad?
Mine seems a "bit" choppy, though it isn't TOO bad. It just seemed a lot smoother on my MBA (Maybe...)

Let me know how you guys think of the workspace transition using 3 finger swiping on trackpad!

Thanks!
Definitely a tiny bit choppy on my base model (and integrated) but only when I really care to notice. Don't worry about it, enjoy the computer and stop looking for faults!

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
Mine's choppy towards the end of the slide on integrated graphics, but is smooth all the way on discrete graphics. Definitely slower than Lion, but nothing too bad.

Scotty V

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
Why do people look for problems? Just enjoy the machine. Buy a different one if it bothers you that much and you can switch work spaces all day.

playsontheleft

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2012
Just curious about how do you calculate the FPS??
Use Quartz Debug, a small app included in the Xcode package.

On the topic of the thread, I'm not experiencing any lag when switching Spaces (or in the more or less anywhere - blasphemy, I know!) until I use the laptop on battery power with only integrated graphics enabled. But even then it's really minor and not noticeable unless I look for it. My Dock's on auto-hide and Stacks are enabled.

stevelam

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2010
Why do people look for problems? Just enjoy the machine. Buy a different one if it bothers you that much and you can switch work spaces all day.
yes because being willfully ignorant is MUCH better. thanks for the tip!