Retina MacBook Pro - Safari Poor Performance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AlexSykes, Dec 7, 2012.

1. AlexSykes macrumors member

I've noticed that whenever Safari isn't running absolutely everything on my rMBP is the best experience I have ever had from a computer, however as soon as Safari is running and after a while of Safari usage the browser will start to exhibit bugs and cause other issues with other apps and functions of the laptop.

The main issue I seem to get with Safari is when typing it will almost always, although not initially, do this weird thing where what I have typed will flicker and not appear properly, but after no keyboard input everything will return. It just seems like a strange performance issue, it does not make it impossible to do anything, it's just rather annoying. Has anyone else seen this?

The second thing I've noticed, which was really concerning me, was that when playing music through iTunes and browsing the web the music will seem to stutter slightly, it seems to only happen when Safari is running. When Safari is not running I can open as many programs as I want and the laptop will run and play music crystal clearly.

Has anyone else noticed issues with Safari? I love my laptop to bits, but issues like this kind of make everyday browsing a bit of a woe.

2. jffluis macrumors regular

jffluis

Try WebKit, smoother than Safari and without annoying bugs.

3. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

4. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

adjeff8

I'm buying my 15" retina soon. I wonder, how does it perform under Firefox, which has always been my preferred browser

5. stevelam macrumors 65816

well seeing as firefox isnt officially retina yet, it sucks.