Retina MacBook Pro screen label?

Acidsplat

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
They moved it to the bottom of the laptop. I think it's because of the way the screen is now integrated into the unibody, and it sorta makes it cleaner.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
I though the 17" had a even thinner bezel than the 15".
I don't know, it looks like the display on the new Pro is closer to the bottom than the top of the screen assembly. It looks smaller than the space on the 17 inch, though images can be deceiving.

They talked a lot about immersion into the screen when one is using it, maybe they found the silver text as a distraction from the otherwise clean display area? :p

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Nice catch OP. The pre-unibody had metal cut text that looks really classy whereas the unibody has some weird behind the glass grey text so I'm glad they got rid of that.

By the way, does anyone else think the raised hinge looks a bit strange in press shots?

MacReloaded

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
Canada
Nice catch OP. The pre-unibody had metal cut text that looks really classy whereas the unibody has some weird behind the glass grey text so I'm glad they got rid of that.

By the way, does anyone else think the raised hinge looks a bit strange in press shots?
The hinge does look strange, but I guess this is their solution to the hinge problem during the 15" MacBook Air rumors.

http://9to5mac.com/2011/11/19/apple-scrapped-15-inch-macbook-air-for-2010-rebuilding-it-for-2012/

Too bad the name label has moved. It looks rather empty there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.