Retina Macbook pro speakers rock & so does the screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djrobsd, Jul 17, 2012.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

This is the first laptop I've ever owned where I don't feel the need to hook it up to my external speakers. The sound appears to be directed to your ears when sitting in front of the machine, and it is very loud and crisp. It could use a tad more bass, but this is a HUGE improvement from the previous gen MacBook Pro, the speakers just sound amazing, and they did it without pulling an HP and trying to throw a brand on their computers like BEATS Audio or JBL.... Of course, secretly, I'm sure Apple did work with a major audio company to design these amazing speakers. They remind me of BOSE to be honest, tiny little laptop speakers producing such a huge sound.

Also, the display of course everyone has already said, AMAZING, but... I have to make a comment. This is the FIRST laptop I've had that I didn't feel the need to hook it to an external monitor. The text is so crisp that I can see, and don't feel the need to up size. I do have it hooked up to my 24 inch HP LED monitor at work only when I am doing some major tasks that need a 2nd display, but my Retina MBP display is the primary. That will probably change when Apple releases a Retina iMac (with target display mode) or a retina Cinema display, but for now I just can't stand looking at any other monitor any more...

I've always been a happy camper with Apple products, but this is the first one that has really WOWED me. If you are on the fence about jumping to the new Retina MBP, just do it, you'll be so glad you did...

And also... If you add the 8 gigs RAM and the 256 SSD to the regular Macbook pro, it will be more expensive then the retina Macbook pro, so it's like getting the retina and the thin case for free if you ask me..

BTW, I bought a BLU RAY DRIVE since there's no built in SuperDrive any more, and it works perfectly with my Mac. I haven't watched any movies, but I've burned CDs with it and it works great, it's the LG one. I don't burn CD's very often, when I do it's always at home, so I don't even have to lug the burner with me, I am enjoying the lighter weight in my bag... Plus I have BLU RAY playback on my burner which previous gen MacBook pros did not have. :)

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Nice to hear yours is in good shape! I really want to order one, but all the posts about screen issues, dents, etc. have me worried. Do you know the model # of the blu ray drive?

3. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'm not sure what all that noise is, I have had zero problems with my system. The Blu-Ray super multi drive is LG model CP40NG10. It's only $10 more then the Apple-branded SuperDrive, so I figured it would be worth it to pay the extra 10 bucks to get Blu Ray playback capabilities. They also have one that burns blu-rays for $50 more if you want that capability.

I've burned a lot of CDs with it (but no DVDs yet), and it plays them all perfectly, whether mp3 cd or audio cd. I haven't played any blu-ray movies, as you need special software to do so, but I can imagine that it will look AMAZING on the retina display.