Retina Macbook pro users how are you using your system on your desk

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djrobsd, Jul 26, 2012.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

Post photos... Descriptions... etc...

I'm curious how you are using your Retina MacBook Pros on your desk at home and work. I have a 24 inch monitor at work, and a 22 at home, and I used to use my Macbook Pro in clam shell mode, but then when I got the retina one, I couldn't resist using the Retina Display all the time, so now my primary monitor is the 15 inch Retina display, and the secondary is my external monitor. I'm trying to find a good setup for this, but haven't been able to. I also wonder about long term eye strain looking at a smaller screen then my normal big 22 or 24 inch monitors.

2. stevelam macrumors 65816

my rmbp isnt in the shot since i hadnt received it yet when this was taken but heres my work:

[​IMG]

now its an rmbp thats propped up. definitely not using the rmbp as my main screen though. way too small for actual work.

3. Sam2lucky13 macrumors 6502

Sam2lucky13

clam shell mode with thunderbolt display.... rMBP open and display disabled.

4. ilgreatluigi macrumors member

What external monitor are you using?

5. anoobis macrumors member

Nice - Steve, how are you integrating your iPad into your setup. Looks like you're looking at some code? What is that app? I'd like to integrate my iPad into my setup.

6. shervinvan macrumors member

awesome picture :)

I just bought a 24 inch 3D Display for my PS3 and a 22 inch Samsung TV, they both have HDMI and I have connected my rMBP to both, but there is no way I'm giving up the retina display to watch the crappy 1080p quality on either of those TVs hahaha :) Once you go retina, everything else looks so blah:rolleyes::apple:;):apple:

p.s. you cant really be getting eye strain from rMBP can you? i am just saying cuz i used to get really bad headaches and eyestrain on my old (2007) Dell laptop, but this display has been just perfect so far, i have no complaints :)

7. rikbrown macrumors regular