Retina Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jack2wai2, Nov 19, 2012.

1. jack2wai2 macrumors member

Does everyone who bought rmbp suffer problems of different degree? Is rmbp a really flaw product?

Someone please tell me you have no problem with it since you bought it

2. sensorian macrumors member

Or alternatively have a look at the 9,672 other threads that address the answer to the question........

In summary, there are some issues with screens, throttling, heat but equally there are lots of people who are absolutely delighted with their purchase and have had no issues. I am very much in the latter category.

3. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

The wife and have zero problems. If the problems were on the scale you seem to believe,,,,,the horror stories would be all over national mags, newspaper, a news broadcasts. The only big screwup so far is Maps.....which has nothing to do with rMBPs.

4. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

I haven't had any problems with mine, but then again I've owned it for only 2 weeks

5. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

My only problem is that the screen on my Cinema Display now looks crap compared to the retina!

6. anzio macrumors 6502

No issues here. My only issue is what was stated above- every other monitor/screen looks like crap.

I can't even look at my old MacBook Pro (2008) the same way anymore. Looking at projectors is just... ugh.

7. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

mine is perfect and the best looking screen I have ever had on a laptop

8. Sahee macrumors regular

Sahee

There are better screens out there, for example the Full-HD matte IPS screen offered by Asus Zenbooks, Pixel-density is not everything (...and the Zenbook's do still have a very high 168 dpi).

9. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

It looks better than my Precision workstation from Dell with an IPS sceen and it also looks better than my Lenova X230 with IPS screen

10. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

no

11. switon macrumors 6502a

RE: a really flawed product...

Hi jack2wai2,

I've noticed that you've been asking essentially the same question for over two weeks, suggesting that you have misgivings about purchasing the rMBP and want some excuse not to buy it. In my opinion, this is reason enough not to buy a rMBP, you won't be happy with it, no matter what.

Regards,
    Switon

P.S. ...or are you just "trolling"? ...

12. jack2wai2 thread starter macrumors member

I just do not want to regret

Hi, thanks for your concern. I was not trolling around. I just want to make sure I won't regret for this purchase. =)
    Nice day.

13. switon macrumors 6502a

RE: concerns...

I stand by my earlier opinion: It very much appears to me, having read through all of your posts for the last couple of weeks, that you really want an excuse not to buy the rMBP. Therefore, I believe this is reason enough not to buy it. In my opinion, you should find a machine that does not cause you this much consternation before the purchase --- I believe you will be much happier with this "other", less worrisome, machine.

...just my two cents worth of free advice ... and, as always, the quality of said advice is directly proportional to what you paid for it, i.e., zero...

Good luck, and my final recommendation is that whatever machine you end up buying, just take it home and enjoy it! Don't try to reanalyze whether the machine has flaws or is worth the price you paid or whether you might have gotten more from a different machine --- let me answer those queries now: yes to all, the machine will have some minor, minuscule flaws, it will be worth the price you paid, and you could have gotten more from a different machine.

Regards,
    Switon

14. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Flawed? No.

It just a few teething problems, common to any first generation product. The rMBPs seem to generally be relatively problem-free. While some have commented on image retention on the screen, that does not appear to be a majority of the units.

15. Stetrain macrumors 68040

When reading forums like this remember that there's very little motivation for someone to make a thread about "My RMBP is exactly as advertised and expected. I am satisfied with the product." Even if they did they would probably be ridiculed with replies like "cool story, why was this worth a new thread?".

Discussion/Support forums are always skewed towards people who have problems and are trying to find solutions or find out if others have had the same problem.

Millions of people walk into Apple stores, buy a new *insert device here*, and then take it home and use it for years without ever posting to or even joining an online forum.