Retina MBP charger broke? Applecare? help plz

Natzoo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Not sure where i am
Hi, will applecare cover this? Ive had this charger for little over a year (1yr and 4 months). I have purchased it with an Amex card so does that increase the apple care? Which is the best method to get a replacement? Call, visit, etc

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
looks like externaly caused damage not caused by a manufacturing defect. it is hence not covered under warranty or :apple:care. :)apple:care plus would be a different story) how you payed for it is irrelevant, unless you credit card provider has some extra warranty program.
Make an appointment at the :apple:store and hope that they replace it out of courtesy.
Especially since you got applecare your chances for a free replacement are not bad.

(btw that photo is terribly blurry!)

steve23094

macrumors 68030
Apr 23, 2013
here is the photo.
For some reason Apple's cables are all pants, I have a split in my Macbook charger where you do. Loads of people on the net have documented it and even provided guides how to repair it yourself. There are also third party products designed to reinforce that area of the charger. If that's not a sign they aren't up to the task at hand, I don't know what is.

The exact same thing happens to iPhone cables, I have lost count how many I've replaced over the years, none of my old phones from other manufacturers ever had a problem.

Natzoo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Not sure where i am
For some reason Apple's cables are all pants, I have a split in my Macbook charger where you do. Loads of people on the net have documented it and even provided guides how to repair it yourself. There are also third party products designed to reinforce that area of the charger. If that's not a sign they aren't up to the task at hand, I don't know what is.

The exact same thing happens to iPhone cables, I have lost count how many I've replaced over the years, none of my old phones from other manufacturers ever had a problem.
yeah, when i had my old mac book pro i used to buy a charger every 8 months racking in at a whopping 6 chargers in 4 years. Then when i got this beast, i never bought a charger until tomorrow. ( 1 yr and 4 months) is now my new record for not breaking a charger