Retina MBP charger broke? Applecare? help plz

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Natzoo, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

Hi, will applecare cover this? Ive had this charger for little over a year (1yr and 4 months). I have purchased it with an Amex card so does that increase the apple care? Which is the best method to get a replacement? Call, visit, etc

2. Natzoo thread starter macrumors 65816

Natzoo

here is the photo.

Attached Files:

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

looks like externaly caused damage not caused by a manufacturing defect. it is hence not covered under warranty or :apple:care. :)apple:care plus would be a different story) how you payed for it is irrelevant, unless you credit card provider has some extra warranty program.
    Make an appointment at the :apple:store and hope that they replace it out of courtesy.
    Especially since you got applecare your chances for a free replacement are not bad.

(btw that photo is terribly blurry!)

4. Natzoo thread starter macrumors 65816

Natzoo

Do you think i have a better chance of getting a new one if i call them?

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

No. They will tell you to come in.

6. Natzoo thread starter macrumors 65816

Natzoo

Ok have a competition on Saturday and will go after that! right now I'm using my friends charger for the weekend.

7. Natzoo thread starter macrumors 65816

Natzoo

Do you think its worth it to put electrical tape?

8. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

For some reason Apple's cables are all pants, I have a split in my Macbook charger where you do. Loads of people on the net have documented it and even provided guides how to repair it yourself. There are also third party products designed to reinforce that area of the charger. If that's not a sign they aren't up to the task at hand, I don't know what is.

The exact same thing happens to iPhone cables, I have lost count how many I've replaced over the years, none of my old phones from other manufacturers ever had a problem.

9. Natzoo thread starter macrumors 65816

Natzoo

yeah, when i had my old mac book pro i used to buy a charger every 8 months racking in at a whopping 6 chargers in 4 years. Then when i got this beast, i never bought a charger until tomorrow. ( 1 yr and 4 months) is now my new record for not breaking a charger