Retina MBP Mura/Bright Spots vs. The Stain

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by antzona, Oct 20, 2015.

1. antzona macrumors regular

antzona

My late 2013 13" rMBP has a really annoying mura in the lower right quadrant of the display. The original display was replaced under warranty when the computer was ten months old, due to some odd cracking in the upper corner. The replacement display developed a mura a few months later, but it was out of the 90 day parts warranty.

I have been in constant contact with Apple since that point, but they won't help me out. I feel like my issue is a manufacturing defect and it appears others have the same problem. When I saw the program for the anti-reflective coating, I hoped the mura/bright spot problem might be addressed as well, but no luck.

Maybe I am overestimating the number of customers with muras? The anti-reflective problem seems like an issue that can be caused by customers, as opposed to a straight manufacturing defect.

Any insight into why the mura/bright spot issue is being ignored for 13" rMBPs? I feel like I paid good money for this computer and it already needs a second display replacement within two years. I treat my electronics with great care, yet I'm stuck staring at a bright spot on an otherwise beautiful display.

The Executive Relations team just says the engineers say this issue "can happen" but it isn't under warranty. Sorry... $450 to replace the display

I guess I should have called it Mura-Gate. Ugh...

2. antzona thread starter macrumors regular

antzona

What screen cleaners were people using to strip the anti-reflective layer? If Apple won't accept culpability for the bright spots, I can just strip some of the AR coating and get it replaced. ;-)