Retina MBP Screen Reflection/Glare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Argentine86, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Argentine86 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

Haven't seen much discussion or a thread about this yet. I'm interested in RMBP in few weeks, figured I'd ask about the screen reflection. I was hoping for an Anti-glare but no option. Apple did say its 70% less reflective than the previous glossy screen. Got to go by a store to check it out I guess....

What do some of you lucky guys that got one already think of the screen glare? Would it be same glare as Retina iPad? Or?....

Thx

2. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I saw one at the store the other day and the glare is dramatically better between the two.

3. neilpryde23 macrumors regular

I went to the Apple store last night to check it out. Definitely not the same as the anti-glare option but when I was using it, I did not notice the glare from the lights above until I consciously remembered to check how much reduction in glare there actually was on the new screen and even then, it didn't seem to distract me at all.

I was originally planning on getting the anti-glare model last year but waited after hearing about the redesign rumors but now, personally, I probably would have bought this display over an anti-glare option since I prefer the glass display but on the old model, it was just too damn glossy.