Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
I think you might be best waiting a little while for more cases to come out that are 'designed for retina'

andylee97

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2008
if you have the money I would spend it on waterfields sleeves from sfbags.com I already use one for my Air and I just order one for my RMBP. They might not be the prettiest sleeves and they cost about 30% more then some other brands but they are the thinnest with the most protection I have ever use and I've been though dozens from my other macbook days.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
So far it seems to be my favourite (maybe except for the joli leather one...but I'm not spending that much on a sleeve...)

Wow yikes, that is pricey. I don't do leather so accessories are generally cheaper, I just have to search around for them.

Cronus

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2010
Sleeves on Etsy

I thought this one looked very nice:

il_570xN.284339049.jpg

http://www.etsy.com/listing/102403273/macbook-pro-15-case-15-inch-macbook-pro

The price seems reasonable as well - I'm thinking about ordering one. The regular MBP is featured in the pictures, but the description states that it'll be made for the rMBP unless you explicitly request the regular MBP version.

mario24601

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2010
WaterField is the best! Very well made. I have review posted if anyone is thinking of buying.

Cronus

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2010
WaterField

I do adore the WaterField gear as well... Their stuff is top notch! I'd gotten one of their sleeves for a PowerBook G4 12" back in the day - it was great.

I really dig the HardCase and CitySlicker cases (not a sleeve), but they're pretty pricey.

jtap

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2010
Nice sleeve. I'm looking at this one too. Did you go with the vertical or horizontal orientation? I use a backpack, so I'm thinking vertical is the way to go for me. Does it matter?

I decided to go with the horizontal orientation since I will mostly be just carrying it around under my arm, I figured the vertical orientation would be awkward in this regard.

I got an email from them a few days ago to let me know they received their rMBP and were going to do some sizing and get them going out the door - very nice customer service touch imo.

children

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
the guys at easy seem to be slapping a 'for retina' sticker on their normal stock...

I'm waiting for one that fits retina and nothing else..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.