Retina MBP Trackpad Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by El Larso, Aug 18, 2012.

1. El Larso macrumors newbie

Hi all,

first I have to say I'm new to this forum, so please be gentle :)

Yesterday i received my shiny new rMBP and was all happy about it. But right after starting it up I noticed, that the trackpad wasn't working properly.

When I i.e. slowly moving my finger from right to left, the mouse cursor first moves accordingly but then stops for a moment and then moves on. This happens in all directions. Sometimes, but not very often, the trackpad works fine for some seconds, before it switches back to it's buggy behavior.

Also often the "click-by-touch" needs 2 or 3 touches before it actually does a click.

This is all very annoying and at least for me makes the rMBP unusable.

There is 10.8 pre-installed on my rMBP and i installed the SMC 1.0 Update. I also tried to install Trackpad Update 1.0 since it seems to address exactly my trackpad problem, but I'm not able to install it under 10.8. Maybe it's 10.7 only.

I tried to change trackpad responsiveness, tried reboots and so on but with no success.

Can anyone help me?

Lars

2. jasonx2 macrumors member

3. El Larso thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, i know. But I think you understand that this is the last thing I want to do :]

4. El Larso thread starter macrumors newbie

Update:
    • Apple Support contacted.
    • SMC & PRAM reseted --> no effect
    • Boot Recovery Partition --> no effect

5. dipm06 macrumors member

I have the same issue with mine! What eventually happened with yours? Did you find a solution or did you have to send it back?

6. stuaz macrumors 6502

Sounds like a hardware failure, so I can only imagine he sent it back - I would of.:cool:

7. El Larso thread starter macrumors newbie

I had to send it back.

8. dipm06 macrumors member

Damn, I guess I'm going to have to send mine in too. Was it repaired or replaced? Or did you just ask for a refund?

9. El Larso thread starter macrumors newbie

I asked for a replacement. No problem at all.