Retina MBP wi-fi problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dkimxd, Jul 6, 2012.

1. dkimxd macrumors member

Does anyone else have problems with wi-fi on the retina mbp? My wifi seems to constantly cut out after like 5 or 6 minutes. It however doesn't cut the connection with games like World of Warcraft, but the browsers (safari and chrome canary) both stop loading pages as if there is a problem connecting to the internet. The only way it seems like to fix this is to turn off wifi and turn it back on.. Is this something people are noticing happening or is there someway to configure my wi-fi to fix this?

2. psykick5 macrumors 6502

Nope I've had no issues. I actually have had more issues with my iMac's wifi than the rMBP's. It's your location or network.

3. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

This is a consistent mac/osx problem that's been around for years. I believe the type of router you have plays an important role but I don't know if the problem ever really goes away. I had a belkin router previously and this was an extremely prominent issue on both a 2010 and 11 mbp. I've since got a BT home hub which has certainly cut down the frequency of connection loss, but not eradicated it. I do wish apple would dedicate more resources to their airport software (or whatever is resulting in the issues).

I don't know if there are perfect routers out there (may apple's own, one would hope). Unfortunately, your best bet is probably to switch router, at least in my opinion.

4. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

I had the same problem with the 11.6 and 13.3 Macbook air but have not had that problem with having the Retina and I have had it 2 weeks now. I am using the same router as I did with the MacBook Air's. Seems to be random.