Retina MBP - Yellow Tint

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Davieis, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Davieis macrumors regular

Hi all,

Any of you guys get a slight yellow tint on your screen? I just got my MBP and the bottom half is slightly warmer than the top. Similar to the iPad 3 issues.

Wonder what is causing these damn yellow screens. Unsure if I should return it or just keep it.

2. Aksta macrumors regular

theres a similar issue with the iMacs. it is usually associated with ips displays.

3. Calvinosaurus macrumors member

Calvinosaurus

My rMBP doesn't have this issue thankfully, but my Thunderbolt display does...I never bothered returning it since it doesn't bother me too much and I don't use it for color sensitive photo work. But if you notice it a lot and it's bothering you, then return/exchange it...no sense in keeping something you paid a lot of money for if it's going to bother you.

4. mac1984user macrumors 6502a

mac1984user

I'd return it if I were you. It's just something you shouldn't have to put up with, particularly as it's your screen and that is one of the main selling points of this model. I returned my MacBook Pro 13" 2011 two times before my screen issues were worked out. Two of them had a weird discolouration that was only really visible from an angle, but it was bothersome nonetheless. While you will have to wait for a replacement, Apple is pretty good about just swapping the machines out. Can be a pain if you've already waited to receive your RMBP, though. All the best!

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Mines white as a sheet of paper. Literally. Take yours back pronto.

6. Davieis thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys. Just compared mine with a friend's MBP and his colour is completely uniform. Mine has a crisp white at the top but a dull yellowy white at the bottom. Will call Apple tomorrow.

Not going to put up with this for a 2.5K computer.

7. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

Yep, take it back. Apple really needs better quality control. I returned 5(!!!) iMacs and 3 ipad 3s before giving up on each. My Macbook Air, however, got it right the first time.