Retina MBPs Shipping Tonight?

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
We saw a few RMBPs ship over night last night from China, do you guys think a large more majority will be shipping tonight?

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
It amazes me how many people there are that can afford $2400-$3000 for a computer. What do you people do for a living?
This is the first time I'm actually purchasing a mac for myself, other times it has been gifts from family members. I'm 18, a student entering college this fall.

I graduated HS early and have been working full time to stuff the bank with money for tuition. I reached my goal, so this is my gift/college laptop for myself. :)

kvnfo

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
It amazes me how many people there are that can afford $2400-$3000 for a computer. What do you people do for a living?

Worked super hard this last past year, and this will be my first mac. Believe me it wasn't simple hitting the "order" button but I figured since I just turned 21 and my funds allowed it I'd treat myself to something nice.

+ Selling my old laptop and desktop to offset some of the cost.

I hope I don't regret the purchase down the line!

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Worked super hard this last past year, and this will be my first mac. Believe me it wasn't simple hitting the "order" button but I figured since I just turned 21 and my funds allowed it I'd treat myself to something nice.

+ Selling my old laptop and desktop to offset some of the cost.

I hope I don't regret the purchase down the line!
Case in point: not all of us are rich people, we work hard for our things and thusly take more pride in them :).

marvguitar

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
Ordered a retina fully maxed out yesterday and it's still processing... depressing!! I almost went to the Apple Store today to get a non retina fully maxed out but my friend put some sense back in me... i'm too damn impatient.

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
Perhaps some make a living by using their computer, and its speed and features make a difference. Photographers, programmers, artists, etc.

----------

Ordered a retina fully maxed out yesterday and it's still processing... depressing!! I almost went to the Apple Store today to get a non retina fully maxed out but my friend put some sense back in me... i'm too damn impatient.
I waited 3-4 weeks to get my 2007 MBP. Looks like I might be playing that exact game again, :(

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I bought mine at 2-3 weeks. So I am just going to try and forget about my status etc and wait til I get a dispatch email before I think about it again. Dont mind waiting as ordering it online at my university campus means I get applecare for free, and a 15% discount on the macbook itself.

danetello

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I wanted to buy it, but the 3-4 week dispatch time makes me want to cry lol
I will probably wait a few days until it shows up on ebay/amazon

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
I bought mine at 2-3 weeks. So I am just going to try and forget about my status etc and wait til I get a dispatch email before I think about it again. Dont mind waiting as ordering it online at my university campus means I get applecare for free, and a 15% discount on the macbook itself.
AppleCare for free? Why that would be quite nice!

MrWingman

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2012
Germany
I ordered mine yesterday and it says that it will be available in 2-3 weeks....damn it. I´m so impatient :)
I hope it comes earlier!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.