iPad mini retina mini 3 screen (gamut)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by deaglecat, Oct 22, 2014.

1. deaglecat macrumors 6502

Is there anyone with one who can comment about whether the gamut problem is fixed. The verge review here
    seemed to imply that it is...when it talks about the "new" display.

EDIT... no cancel that. They just put last years review in the link. Duh !

2. emt1 macrumors 65816

I hate Apple for not fixing the Mini's display.

3. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

That's what I really want to know. Not that I'd waste my money on the same processor and graphics from last year anyway though...

4. TJone macrumors 6502a

The Mini 3 reminds me a little of what it seemed like with the original Mini release. If you buy it you know a much better Mini is coming along soon since everyone knew it was crazy the first generation did not have Retina. I think it will also hurt resale values next year on the Mini 3. No way would I buy the Mini 3 now - the 2 I would consider.

5. DSTOFEL, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014

DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

The engaget review seems to all but confirm it. The review of the Mini 3 talking about the display:

"......if you didn't like it before, expect to see more of the same; any changes in color accuracy are extremely minor..,.."

The limited gamut in the original & Retina Mini's (63%) resulted in pretty major color issues (ie especially in reds & purples and overall lackluster color). So, if the review states any changes in color accuracy are "extremely" minor.....Seems to me anyway there is no way Apple fixed this in the Mini 3.