iPad mini retina mini iPad release date?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by djkarizmatik, Oct 28, 2013.

1. djkarizmatik macrumors newbie

i know at the media event, Apple announed the retina mini's weren't coming out until "later in November". i asked an Apple store employee and even repeated myself in a couple different ways to make sure they didn't misunderstand what I was asking and they said it would be on sale this friday along with the iPad Air. i have a hard time believing this since i can't find a hard release date anywhere. has anyone else heard the same thing?

2. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

So far the only thing that was mentioned was that the Mini's would be released later in November as you mentioned.

Now when I was in my local Apple store yesterday I also heard an employee state to a customer that the Air/Mini would be released on Friday together.. I'm not sure if the employee thought that was when the Mini was released or if that's its actual release. I can't see the retail stores knowing and selling before a date is specified on Apple's website.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Typical misinformed employee. Unfortunately the knowledgeability of Apple Store employees has dropped precipitously since the first stores opened. Apple hasn't given an exact date for the minis yet so I'm 100% certain it would not endorse what that employee told you. Later in Nov means just that or TC wouldn't have said that at the reveal -- likely launch date Nov 15 or 22.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

How many days in November? They are going to squeeze very single one of them so the 14 day return period on the Airs bought the first week expires well before the Mini's come out....