iPad mini Retina mini keyboard error

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tmoenter, Nov 20, 2013.

1. tmoenter macrumors newbie

I have a new rMini with a keyboard issue. On some websites, the numeric entry on the top row of the keyboard is flaky. 7, 8 . Or 9 will misregister as the next higher number. 9 will actually register as a delete. This only happens on some sites when filling in web forms. If I type numbers into a text app like mail or notes, everything works fine. However my zipcode of 14589 registers as 1457 delete. Seems like a software issue and not a digitizer issue. Anyone else seeing this?

2. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

What sites specfically? I can test it on my other ios7 devices to see if it is an ios issue.

3. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I'm not sure I've had your exact case, but lately I have noticed that I could have sworn I typed the correct key, but the key to the right of the one I pressed is what gets typed.

Is this another iBug?

4. tmoenter, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013

tmoenter thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems site specific

The web form from the ATT settlement site reached by clicking thru from this page:

http://www.3gdataplansettlement.com/Landing.aspx

The zipcode code field is wonky. I had the same problem on another site but can't remember which.

The keyboard registers fine on non-Safari apps and also on most web sites. I'm wondering how javascript could cause the keys to misregister. hold your finger on "8" and the "9" key turns grey. "9" often invokes backspace which is 2 keys over.