Retina-only screens on new MacBook Pro?!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Brad Trent, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Brad Trent macrumors member

So...I guess offering no matte screen option on the new MacBook Pro basically means Apple has finally decided that professional photographers don't kick in enough cash to be taken seriously when they design new products. Don't get me wrong...I love the look of those fancy-assed Retina screens, but they are totally useless when you shoot tethered. They are impossible to calibrate for contrast...the increased contrast is dandy if you wanna watch a movie or play video games...but that added contrast makes judging critical results pointless. I bought a current top-shelf matte-screen 15" Macbook Pro a couple of months ago and when it's calibrated it rivals my super-spendy NEC retouching monitors for output quality. I can guarantee that if I were to try to shoot and retouch a job on a Retina screen MBP the final file would be borderline unusable. Period! And while I don't hafta shoot and deliver jobs immediately after the gig that often, there are TONS of guys whose workflow is exactly like that, and I'd bet the ranch they're gonna be hard pressed to consider a new Macbook Pro as their tethering computer of choice.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

Its amazing any good photographs where taken at all when we only had film. :D