Retina optimization problem on official apps!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Crisis, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Crisis, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012

Crisis macrumors member

For those of you who has a retina MBP, please look closely at both bottom corners of Safari, and left bottom corner of iMessage, those corners are NOT SMOOTH. Obviously Apple forgot to optimize them for retina screen.

Here I have attached two photos of comparison of Safari, iMessage and Finder. Interestingly, the right bottom corner of iMessage looks good.

Is there any way to notify Apple about this thing? It makes me very upset since I find it... I shouldn't have looked closely at the corners!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

3. vmachiel macrumors 68000

You can fill in feedback forms on their website, but it doesn't look that bad to me. Only the back window.. a little

4. nontroppo macrumors 6502

nontroppo

Ha, I noticed in in Chrome, but yes, several apps, including several apple ones (Terminal is most noticeable for me) have low-DPI artwork. What is interesting is Quartz Debug > Show 1x artwork doesn't highlight them as it normally does for low resolution UI elements.

This is the sort of attention to detail Apple is normally meticulous about, and reminds me of some of the rough edge details from Windows Aero mode!

A minor thing, but report it nevertheless.

5. wiznet macrumors regular

Interesting! I'm surprised I hadn't noticed that until now.

6. bitninja macrumors regular

bitninja